Smoke-Free Index© RFP
The Foundation is calling for proposals to develop and implement the means to (1) critically evaluate industry progress, and (2) assess actions taken to undermine progress toward a smoke-free world. Findings and analyses will be reported in an annually published Smoke-Free Index© report starting in the first half of 2020. Our goal is to impact the transformation of the entire global tobacco industry and nicotine ecosystem. The awarded grantee(s) of this RFP will provide quantifiable evidence of how companies are supporting industry transformation – or impeding it.
The RFP document provides details on the following subjects related to the Smoke-Free Index©:
- Applicable case studies
- Process design considerations
- Guiding principles
- Application process
- RFP response instructions
The Foundation will use a two-phased approach to the awarding of this RFP. From the Expression of Interest, the Foundation will select several research organizations to proceed with full proposal development. The Foundation will then evaluate the submitted proposals and choose up to three organizations to execute the program.
Upon contract award, our intention is to fund this program for multiple years. The Foundation will evaluate the progress of the program and the quality of each research organization’s contribution for consideration of future award extensions.
Phase One: Expression of interest
- Deadline for receipt of Expression of Interest: October 15, 2018
- Number of research organizations to be accepted: ~5
- Communication of application status to all applicants: November 2, 2018
Phase two: Request For Proposal Response
- Submission of complete RFP response: December 5, 2018
- Number of research organizations to be selected: 1–3
- Announcement of contract awards: Revised date February 28, 2019
For all inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your participation in helping us achieve a smoke-free world.